BREAKING:Man Breaks Into Ogbomoso Palace, Declares Self New Soun, Demands Royal Crown


There was pandemonium this afternoon in the palace of Ogbomoso as a young man broke in insisting he would get installed as the new Soun of Ogbomosoland.

Palace aides and security agents had a hectic time overpowering the man, whose nickname was given as Ajanlekoko, but this was after he had broken two teeth of a palace chief, Aremole, Chief Sheu Ayinla.

Ajanlekoko also broke the glass to the entrance of the palace court as well as a bullet proof door with his bare knuckles.

The man believed to be mentally deranged, strong and hefty in build, was reported to have scaled the fence, and made straight for the palace chamber. He was challenged to state his mission but instead he attacked the person who challenged him – Aremole, Chief Ayinla, who is well above seventy years.

The assailant pinned Aremole to the ground and started hitting him mercilessly with blows; he then dashed forward and started raining hard blows on the huge doors made of glass to gain entrance into the court, so he could sit on the throne. He was said to have been shouting that he must sit on the throne right away.
The glass shattered but the burglar proof held and he moved round the building to try another door, said to be bullet proof, he hit that one too, which he also tore down with blows.
Palace aides and the only police man around first took to their heels for dear lives as the man was too strong for them.

People then rallied, drew sticks and confronted him after which he was overpowered and tied to a stake but while they thought he had been brought to his knees he lunged forward again in a burst of energy and began to hit his conquerors yet again. They however subdued him yet again and now his hands and legs were tied.

Speaking with newsmen, Chief Ayinla, whose two teeth were knocked off by the intruder, said he had an obligation to visit the palace everyday to see things are in place.

“So, I was in the palace and just called a food vendor to buy food when I saw the man ramping up towards the palace court. I demanded what he wanted but muttered inaudibly. I stood up leaving my meal. That is when he made for me. I should have escaped but I fell and so, he pinned me down and started punching me. In the process I lost two teeth.”

Another eyewitness said, “The man was shouting, ‘I must sit on that throne today I am your next Oba, you have no Oba, I am your new Oba, where is the crown?’ He broke the glass to the palace with blows but the iron bars prevented him from gaining access, he then tried a back door, which he also pulverized with his bare hands.”

When journalists arrived at the scene, the glass to the palace court was all shattered as well as the backdoor’s glasses, splinters littering the floor, with bloodstains all over the doors and splattered on the floor.

The intruder meanwhile was stark naked, tied and lay prostrate on the ground outside the palace with bruises on his head and body.

It was learnt that the people were about lynching him when members of Ogbomoso Community Youth Forum (OCYF) arrived at the scene and prevailed on the mob not to subject him to jungle justice. Members of the OCYF subsequently, upon being told, went to look for his people behind Kraal, Sabo, to inform them of the vile action of their son.

Newsmen also spoke with Alhaji Saka Bello Aremole, chairman of Ogbomoso Parapo Home Branch and who is a national vice president, and he said he rushed to the palace when he learnt of the abominable occurrence.

He disclosed that was the second time the particular man would break into the palace, adding that during his first intrusion he stormed the Abata (the burial ground of past Souns) and tried to remove a mysterious chain which had been there from the founding of the town. This was during the reign of the late Soun of Ogbomosoland, Oba Oladunni Oyewumi Ajagungbade III, who died on December 12, 2021.

He was at the time handed over to security agents who however were said to have released him on the ground that he had mental disorder.

Rev’d Peter Olaleye, president of OCYF informed, “We went immediately to the palace upon hearing about the development. The angry mob was about setting him ablaze when we got there and we had to appeal to them to desist from such and they listened to us.

“Some people who knew informed us of his place of residence and we went there to look for his people. We told them of the desecration committed by their son. They confirmed that he often behaved violently in that manner after he had sniffed hard drugs.”

At the palace, the secretary, Mr. Toyin Ajamu, showed his family members the damages he caused before they were allowed to go with their “boy.”
Security agents who were called to the scene earlier meanwhile refused taking him in, unless he was treated first. Calm has however returned to the palace.

Source: ogbomosoinsightonline

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *